Re: Free Oracle Schema Documentation Tool

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_Dunbar-it.co.uk.REMOVETHIS>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:52:39 +0100

Alex,

if you want to live in a (new) country, you have to follow the laws of that country.

If you want to join a club, you have to abide by the constitution and rules of that club.

If you want to drive a car, you have to follow the Highway Code (or your country's equivalent) and the driving laws of your contry.

If you want to post to a NG, you have to follow the charter of the NG.

It makes no difference whether the NG name implies anything, the rules are in the charter.

There are indeed people on this NG who may be more vociferous than other when spam or advertising (same thing) is posted but why not - ever heard of a citizen's arrest in real life, or community policemen ?

Take a look at some other NGs and see what anarchy really is - that's (probably) where these NGs will end up if all the spam continues to be allowed.

If your company (or any other one) sent me an email advertising a product, that company would be highly unlikely to have me as a customer - unless I specifically joined a mailing list or signed up for a newsletter etc. The same applies to unsolicited letters I receive by post - straight to recycling.

Having said that, I always thought that the NG names were a bit misleading :o)

Shouting and screaming at one another solves nothing and causes bad feelings.

If I have a product to sell, give away as open source, freeware etc, I'll put it in marketplace and not here. I don't want to see advertising here so why should anyone else.

I'd like to see a separate CDO.Adverts NG though.

Cheers,
Norm. Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 08:52:39 CET

Original text of this message