Conversion of Forms code. Missing kumlib.pll file

From: Maarten van Breemen <maarten.van.breemen_at_notox.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:47:19 +0100

During a large porting job from Forms 4.5 to Forms 6, I am confronted with the residues of the Kumaran GUI*Converter. This Kumaran tool was used in 1999 to port the original Forms 3.0 code to Forms 4.5. A lot of the Forms code now has references to a runtime executable kumlib.plx, containing a procedure KNAVIGATE.

And the vendor never shipped the correct source code file kumlib.pll. Only a crippled file with the relevant code replaced with NULL statements. The vendor de-supported the software years ago. Also Kumaran de-supported this GUI*Converter version years ago and cannot supply me with a correct kumlib.pll file.

Does anybody out there have ever used this version of the conversion tools and would be willing to share a copy of the kumlib.pll file? Or even a Forms 6 compatible version of kumlib.plx? Or is capable of reverse-engineering plx code to pll?

Regards,
Maarten Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 16:47:19 CET

Original text of this message