dbms_random

From: Sheela <spathiyal_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 07:59:40 -0800

I have a question regarding dbms_random pkg. One jsp page needs to pull a random password from a table.

So, first I created a table and inserted 100 passwords and used this sql to display the random password.
SELECT password FROM
( SELECT password from px_password_selfreg ORDER BY DBMS_RANDOM.RANDOM )
WHERE ROWNUM = 1; Is this enough or do I need to initialize and terminate the pkg before and after the use?

Thank you in advance,

sheen Received on Fri Feb 04 2005 - 09:59:40 CST