Re: Oracle Migration Workbench

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:57:27 +0100

amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to convert a SQL Server running on Windows 2000 to Oracle
> running on HP-UX.
>
> Will the migration utility do this, even though they are on different
> platforms? What am I supposed to do? Install the migration utility
> on both platforms?
> [Quoted]
Install a network...
Connect your Workstation to the network, and both servers. Make sure you can connect to both servers, using the appropriate network stacks (this may require installation of things like an 'Oracle Client' on your Workstation) Install the Oracle Migration Workbench on your Workstation, as well as the Microsoft SQL Server plugin for the Migration Workbench.

Oracle is platform independent, so the OMWB really doesn't care about Windows or HP-UX, nor does your Client.

In fact, your Workstation may be running Fedora Core 3, as far as the client is concerned. The OMWB is for MS Windows only, I believe.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel