Re: Report Builder 9i

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:59:44 -0500

"fadi_lafi" <fadi_lafi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2a639e396028033e51ac784c1c4e1b5b_at_localhost.talkaboutdatabases.com...
> hi
> i create a report using report buider 9i , and i wana invoke that report
> from a form module when press on a button on that form .
>
> but i dont know how to do it pls help me with a code pls
>
> thanks

you will need a report server process (other than the default report server process) running, either locally under OC4J, or on under Application Server Reports Services

you'll likely need to use the RUN_REPORT_OBJECT built-in, along with WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT, first to submit the report, then to retrieve the cached results

you could just use WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT to in submit and view the report, but that is not secure unless you pass the user credentials in a cookie

the following white papers will help (you'll find them both by searching at otn.oracle.com, or just googling for them):

OracleŽ Application Server Reports Services Publishing Reports to the Web
10g (9.0.4)
Part Number B10314-01

Oracle Forms Services - Secure
Web.Show_Document() calls to
Oracle Reports Received on Mon Jan 31 2005 - 11:59:44 CET

Original text of this message