To read datas to Linux box from Oracle server

From: stas <astasn57_at_mtu-net.ru>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:24:41 +0300

Hi All !
[Quoted] I can't tell I'm newbee - with Oracle I just customer. I have Oracle(8.1) client under Win2000 and can read some datas from server. And have to use it with application under Linux. Naturaly I do it with some manual manipulation. Tried to find possibility to read directly - seems only solution - to install Oracle server, then I can use client or DBI,DBD for Perl.

   It can be done. But with my old imaginations to keep programm 200-300mb (plus ???? $) and use it for reading 20 kb daily is nonsense.

   Question: Is there any more "light" solution?    As absolutely ignorant about Oracle person I suggested, that NET8 must have some type API to connect to server and retrieve datas with SQL language. Or in Oracle everything sealed as in MS (exception for nobles)? Thanks in advance!
Regards Stas Received on Sat Jan 29 2005 - 14:24:41 CET

Original text of this message