Re: How to Capture Oracle reports?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:44:36 -0500

"John Lin" <johnlin_at_email.com> wrote in message news:151b1e15.0501200148.3249659c_at_posting.google.com...
> Dear all:
>
> I am new to Oracle. My company uses Oracle/Developer2000 to create
> reports where I like to capture texts. According to IT-technician in
> my company, the reports only show on screen. They have no time to
> develope a tool to transfer reports to any format of files. I try to
> copy-n-paste as I usually do in Windows sofwares. However There seems
> no way I can mark any text from the report. Is there any toolkit that
> can help me mark text in reports and copy them? Thanks for your help.
>
> John Lin
> 2005/1/20
> Email: JohnLinMail_at_gmail.com

If the 'reports' are developed with Oracle Forms, then they only show to the screen.

However, if they are developed with Oracle Reports, then the DESFORMAT and DESTYPE parameters control output format and location

If they are currently just Forms based, be aware that in the form's code, :SYSTEM.LAST_QUERY can be used to capture the SQL statement used to display data in the form, and then this SQL statement can be passed to another program to query the same data in the desired format.

++ mcs Received on Thu Jan 20 2005 - 17:44:36 CET

Original text of this message