Question for you Oracle Guru's -- conversion of SQL to Ora

From: <oai_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2004 12:19:44 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have been tasked with converting a MS SQL 2000 db to Oracle 10g. I am the one that will be writing the updates to the table structures, taking existing sp's and moving them to pl/sql. My problem is I have not done this in a good number of years, converting sql to ora, and I frankly am stuck on how to deal with ms's use of identity columns in a [Quoted] table. I know RowId exists in Oracle but I have forgotten how to use it, i.e. do I have to maintain a sequence in pl/sql to use it?

The question I am getting to is what is the best source of readily viewable information on the different datatypes in each system and how they equate to each other. Also, what do you use to ensure uniqueness in a table in ora such that ms sql2000 uses an identity column. Any help is greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Dec 21 2004 - 21:19:44 CET

Original text of this message