Re: ORA-12541 NO LISTENER PROCESS

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:48:54 -0800

zana_f_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I did install toad version 6.3.11.1 on my cpmputer.But the toad cannot
> make connection to the database, the message error appears ORA-12541 NO
> LISTENER PROCESS . i have oracle 8i on my pc.
>
> Even if i want to log in with sql plus i get the same error ORA-12541
> NO LISTENER PROCESS .
>
> Does you know what might be the reason en how i can solve it ? i
> appreciate your help.
>
> thank you

Is the database on the same machine or a remote machine? What is the value of ORACLE_HOME?
What is the value of ORACLE_SID?
What is the operating system?
What release of Oracle 8i? (8.1.5, 8.1.6, 8.1.7.4)? Have you used Listener Control to check the listener status?

    lsnrctl status
Is the listener service running in the control panel services?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington