Usernames in OEM

From: J Williams <Zjohnwilliams_esquireZ_at_Zhotmail.comZ>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 00:50:12 -0000

Hi,

[Quoted] I would appreciate an explanation of what I'm doing wrong and any misunderstandings for the following.

In OEM I connect to a database as SYSDBA, open SQL scratchpad and execute [Quoted] SELECT USERNAME FROM ALL_USERS and the results contain an expected username.

[Quoted] However, if I open a SQL*Plus worksheet and execute CONNECT / AS SYSDBA and [Quoted] then SELECT USERNAME FROM ALL_USERS the expected username is missing. Why?

[Quoted] And why is the CONNECT / AS SYSDBA command necessary (I get a 'SP2-0640: Not [Quoted] connected' error otherwise) if I have already connected to the database via [Quoted] the OEM connect login window?

Thanks for any help. Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 01:50:12 CET

Original text of this message