Oracle 8.1.7.4 - Dataguard 3.0.2 - AIX_32 - Switchover Error

From: Andy France <andyATzespriDOTcom>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:43:41 +1300

I am testing Dataguard in the above environment - simple setup with 2 hosts, following the recommendations starting on page 2-41 on the manual (A95293-01).

Setting up the primary and standby went well, and logged were being shipped OK after issuing alter system switch logfile; on the primary.

When I first ran switchover, it got as far as completing step 10 but failed on step 11 with the following errors in the log:

   Step 10: Open new production database completed    Step 11: Started: Mount New Standby zt1sv1

     Substep 11.1: Synching password file on standby completed
     Substep 11.2: Create new standby controlfile completed: \

/oracle/ZTX/817_32/dataguard/sys/StbyControlFileZTX.dbf
shipper_DispatchXfrJob[4]: /usr/bin/cksum: 0403-057 Syntax error Substep 11.3: Shipping new standby controlfile failed: \
/oracle/ZTX/817_32/dataguard/sys/.ControlFileCopyList_ZTX
   Step 11: Mount new standby database failed ALERT: switchover failed

It looks like there is an error in the use of /usr/bin/cksum. I thought maybe the file was missing, but /usr/bin/cksum /nosuchfile gives a different error message on this platform. I can't duplicate the 0403-057 message at the command line.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can resolve this? I'm getting ready to start testing again from scratch but would hate to just get back to this point. Received on Sun Nov 28 2004 - 22:43:41 CET

Original text of this message