Re: Make Oracle AR applications working read-only

From: Steven Kondolf <skondolf_at_nospam.rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 03:55:29 GMT

As Oracle AR is part of the applications suite of "canned" software supplied by Oracle Corp, I wouldn't think you'd want to make the database tables "read only" but rather you'd want to control the users from being able to manipulate the data thru the applications front end.

That usually falls under the control of the Applications System Administrator. They have the ability to assign query only responsibilities to users so they don't have access to the "maintenance" forms that would actually allow them to change data in the system. Or the sys admin could define custom functions that accomplish the same thing.