Re: Tool for versioning of Data in data base

From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2004 08:25:32 -0800

Kamal,

If I understood your question well, You would like to have a trail of changes on certain tables.

If this is the case you can achive under 10G by Auditing and Flash Back.

Auditing you can do on the older versions of oracle but the Flashback is a feature of Oracle 10G.

As if you have to know all changes to a schema, you can monitor billing table.

eg. >> audit UPDATE on xyz.billing by access;

View DBA_FGA_AUDIT_TRAIL can display DML statements in addition to Select.

Nisar Tareen