Re: recreating a DB

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:19:36 +0200

"innerebner" <markusin_at_yahoo.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2rvfc8F1e9p4mU1_at_uni-berlin.de...
> Hello,
>
> I want to know, how it is possible to recreate an existing DB.
> (oracle9i). The stored tables in this db should also be deleted.
>
> When i try to create an existing database I get an error message that
> this db already exists.
>
> can somebody help me please
>
> regards Markus Innerebner

Markus,

[Quoted] [Quoted] maybe You confuse DB with Schema. In MySQL it means the same, in Oracle not. There is AFAIK no purpose to recreate an Oracle DB. You seem to want to purge a Schema (with tables and all the contents). Just create another Schema (that is: another User with tablespace quota and the appropriate priviliges)
and "re"create the tables there.

This is all I can give You from my Crystal Ball.

Next time You post, please:
Your version (9i R? or patch level), OS, and most important: Your background and target.

HTH, Jan Received on Wed Sep 29 2004 - 13:19:36 CEST

Original text of this message