Re: Sort Data, at runtime

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:56:51 -0400

"Iceman" <econstantine_at_fattal.com.lb> wrote in message news:92c03dc2.0409070627.7c5a5eef_at_posting.google.com...
| Hi
|
| I got a datablock on a form with number of records displayed = 10
|
| Some of the items are database items some are non-database items.
|
| The user can choose how to sort the data at runtime with the following
code:

| SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('XXP_QUOTATION_LINES', ORDER_BY, 'LINE_ID');
| GO_BLOCK('XXP_QUOTATION_LINES');
| EXECUTE_QUERY;
|
| but the problem with this method is that it does not work with
non-database items.

| Does anybody have a solution for this?
|
| Thanks in advance
|
| Elie,

how are the non database items populated? i would assume with a post-query or some sort of when-validate trigger?

if you base the block on a view which includes the non-database items, then you can specify the sort (which is done in the database) on any of the items

if the block needs to be updatable, it still may be updatable depending on the view (but would require some properties tweaked on the reference items) or you may have to use instead of triggers on the view or on-update, etc., triggers on the block

++ mcs Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 18:56:51 CEST

Original text of this message