Re: Forms: RG property "Record Group Query Size" - what is it ?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:31:18 +0200

[Quoted] "Frank Piron" <empty_at_zero.nil> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:opsc8s24cgm0et4w_at_news.online.de...
> Hi,
>
> Am Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:50:40 +0200 schrieb Jan Gelbrich
> <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I did RTFM and google and so on and found nothing really answering.
> > Is the property
> > "Record Group Query Size" of a Record Group
> > measured in record counts ? bytes ? words ? inches ? fahrenheit ? ...
> > By default it is set to 20. 20 what ?
>
> Number of records loaded with one server roundtrip.
>
> > What is "Record Group Query Size" ?

[Quoted] Thank You, Frank, for Your comment.

But in a way, it does not make much sense to me. Because: in a classic Name Search Problem, the shorter the name part that is typed into the item field that is calling a LOV,
the more Names would match the pattern (e.g. 1000 matches for short pattern "Smi%"),
and if the full name is typed, only few names would be left to fit (e.g. only 3 for long pattern "Schlottermeier%" ) and to be chosen from a LOV.

So, from a common sense point of view,
the array size would become the *smaller* (less record counts) the more You increase the length of the name pattern. But increasing "Record Group Array Size" makes the array *bigger* - in order to fetch *less* records ? I can see it works, but why ?

So: I think I did not yet understand this sufficiently ... Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 08:31:18 CEST

Original text of this message