Re: Question about Oracle Developer Application and Application Server

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 23:26:42 -0700

Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:

[Quoted] >>At least in term so of licensing I have worked out Java Edition is
>>sufficient. But I also have it from a source I consider reliable that
>>any App Server that supports Java Containers can also be used without
>>violating Oracle's license.

> If Java Edition is sufficient then yes, pretty well any 1.3-compliant J2EE
> container will do. Then you gotta look at the other value of the Java
> Edition. ;-)
>
> I'm surprised that licensing of f90web doesn't come into play.
>
> /Hans

I think most people quickly realize the value in using Oracle's App Server and move to it. I am aware of a certain division of Boeing that is using Orion and will soon be evaluating the OAS Java Edition.

Does it cost more? Of course? So why the change? otn.oracle.com
metalink.oracle.com
TARs

A company can easily waste $10K in a week of non-productive work. Ask me how I know. ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu