Re: Fast simultaneous export and import

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:54:53 -0700

Bagieta wrote:

> Shut up!
> This is not a spam.
> I found this site a very useful source of knowledge for me.
> Maybe you don't need it but there are people that would like about some tips
> and tricks that aren't described in books.
> I hope Enrico you will extend this webpage.
> Regards
> Bagieta
>

>>>Hello.
>>>
>>>We have developed a simple script that imports data into a database B
>>>during the export from A, i.e. simultaneously. You save hours and hours
>>>of time!
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Enrico
>>>
>>>http://www.front-row-seat.com/html/daily_oracle_life.html
>>
>>It appears your post is spam. Please post in the appropiate newsgroup
>>for commercial activities, news:comp.databases.oracle.marketplace
>>
>>Yet I wouldn't recommend this approach to anyone, as it is likely
>>inconsistent with respect to the datadictionary (which is both being
>>selected from and update into) and Oracle probably won't support this
>>approach.
>>

>>--
>>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Charing $75 for a script? That is a product for sale and a post intended to drive traffic to the site is spam.

If you don't like it being called spam you have two choices. 1. Post at c.d.o.marketplace
2. Go away

I quite frankly don't care which choice you make. But failure to make one of those choices will result in everything you post, forever, being appropriately labelled by one of the regulars.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu