Re: Good oracle book

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:24:35 GMT

Nick Akabude wrote:

> Please can any body suggest to me any good oracle book to get started as a
> beginner. However, I have been working with SQL Server 2000 for the past
> three years and want to begin to learn Oracle PL/SQL - seen it is now
> predominantly more requested
>
> Thanks and God Bless

In my preferred order:

  1. What is Oracle, really?

Oracle's Concepts manual

        at http://ocs.oracle.com
O'Reilly's Oracle Essentials

        http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oressentials3

B) Oracle is not SQL Server, really! and C) How to develop in Oracle

Expert One on One Oracle (by Kyte, Thomas)

        at Amazon
Effective Oracle by Design (also by Kyte, Thomas)

        at Amazon

C) How to develop in Oracle

Oracle's Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals

        at http://ocs.oracle.com
Oracle's Application Developer's Guide - (the rest)

        at http://ocs.oracle.com

D) Effective SQL for efficient apps

Master Oracle SQL

        http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/0596006322

/Hans Received on Tue Jun 29 2004 - 08:24:35 CEST

Original text of this message