Re: Free database tools announcements - invitation to discussion

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:02:16 GMT

Bagieta wrote:

> As we can see everyone disagrees with Daniel :)

Not everyone. I agree with Daniel.

Based on email ids, of those who go through these lists and take the time to sort the questions and then respond, a significant number of active contributors seem to agree as well.

Since my time is limited, I would really prefer the NGs limited to posts around the technical aspect of the operation of Oracle-supplied software. But that's just my opinion.

I fully support modifying the charter for any of these newsgroups to reflect 'modern times' and 'modern needs', or adding new newsgroups. With the advent of Oracle EBusiness Suite and Application Server, as well as the proliferation of specialty areas included in the database3, I could see some of the following being created:

cdo.server.extensions (eg: Adv Queue, Workflow, Context, intermedia ...)
cdo.third-party (eg: utilities & tools)
cdo.third-party.announce

and these probably not in cdo .... using cdo for convenience:

cdo.appserver
cdo.ebusiness-suite

One thing that intrigues me - why are we NOT using the formal CFV processes that have been accepted and firmly established to resolve this?

It almost seems like we want to play likee pre-schoolers in a sandbox.

/Hans Received on Thu Jun 24 2004 - 17:02:16 CEST

Original text of this message