Re: Report Generator for Oracle and other RDBMS - SPAMers needed

From: Alex Molochnikov <NOBODY_at_NOSPAM.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:22:04 GMT

Bagieta,

[Quoted] [Quoted] You _did_ make me laugh... although I was not the intended audience. However, you are wasting you time trying to reason anything out with Sybrand Barker, Daneil Moron and their likes. These are members of the Mutual Admiration Club, and they seriously believe that:

  1. the status of the "old timer" is equivalent to a Badge of Honor;
  2. Oracle NGs belong to them;
  3. their judgement of who can post what and where is flawless and must be accepted by everyone;
  4. they and they alone determine what "spam" means.
  5. the amount of bandwith noise they create by barking up every post they don't like will scare the "offenders" or convince bystanders that they are right.
  6. the one who has the last word in the argument is the one who won it, which is why they just can't stop.

When was the last time I was in close contact with this type of mentality... oh yeah, in Brest, on the USSR-Polish border in 1979 when I was going through the Soviet customs and watched the border guard search my books on computer programming and electrical engineering. The guard, too, believed that he had the right and mental capacity to judge the content of the books and decide my fate. And he was wearing a badge... Where is he now?

Of special interest is how they decided that a request for help in debugging (field-testing) an Oracle-related product in its entirety is spam, while asking for help in debugging an isolated SQL query used in that product is not.

But this is their unalienable right of the "old timers". Like every Big Brother, they know better.

AM