Re: Free database tools announcements - invitation to discussion

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:31:21 -0700

[Quoted] Hello Daniel,

  In regards to my "spammer" record - If anyone cares (I do) he may check my "forum" numbers - I answered almost 400 technical topics and suggested free tool to forum (almost 2000 DBAs downloaded it).

  In regards to cdom:

    I imagine workflow of the free tool as below:

  1. Author of the tool places announcement - TOOL X, does this and that for DBA, free forever, available at www.dba_x.com [Quoted]
  2. (Considering no SPAM flames are created) -
  3. No interest in tool - No reaction at all or author would get some feedback what would make tool useful for DBAs - which is a great thing [Quoted]
  4. Tool is good for a number of DBAs - technical questions, suggestions and requests for the new features will follow, community would get a great free tool

[Quoted]   In this workflow there is no need to use cdom. My question to you - why use cdom?

[Quoted]   I publish CDOM charter below. Posting information on free tools in cdom is simply wrong! It is for jobs and commercial services only.

[Quoted]   Please, let me know if anything here is not logical.

Regards,

   Ron
   Support
   DBA Infopower LLC
   http://www.dba-ip.com

[Quoted] Rational and Charter for c.d.o.marketplace CHARTER: comp.databases.oracle.marketplace Comp.databases.oracle.marketplace is a news group provided for commercially oriented topics of interest to people using Oracle software. This group includes but is not limited to articles covering the following topics:

  a.. jobs available
  b.. positions wanted
  c.. services offered
  d.. software or hardware wanted or available for sale
  e.. books and other literature available
  f.. announcements of new products

Posting jobs available to any other comp.databases.oracle newsgroups should be avoided.

RATIONALE: comp.databases.oracle.marketplace This news group should provide a specific place for those interested in the Oracle-related job market, as well as any other Oracle- related products and services for sale or wanted. Creation of this group will provide relief to the many readers of the news group who are annoyed by the large number of commercial advertisement postings.

HISTORY: comp.databases.oracle.marketplace This newsgroup was created after it passed its vote for creation by 221:31 as reported in news.announce.newgroups on 5 Oct 1996. This group was created on October 10, 1996.

STATUS: Open, Unmoderated