Re: Oracle Forms, add text to text item

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:40:52 +0200

"Georg Beyer Clausen" <develop_at_gbcdesign.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:xEstc.4705$Vf.186982_at_news000.worldonline.dk...

> > When-Button-Pressed ::
> >
> > :block.textitemname := 'myText';
> > Synchronize;
> >
> > Do You mean this ?
> > hth, Jan
> >

> hi Jan,
>
> thanks for responding.
>
> The above solution removes the original text from text item before
inserting
> 'myText'.
>
> But I want to keep the original text in the text item and insert 'myText'
at
> the cursor position in the text item.
>
> Is it possible?

Uhm ... _do You_ or _do You not_ want to insert a text ? Of course, You may save the former text in another text item in a control block
in order to restore it in the datablock text item if needed, this is just a matter of what logic You need,
You can do almost anything using PL/SQL in some triggers (e.g. PRE-TEXT-ITEM-trigger to save the value
in a control block item with the same properties, except it is not a DBO).

There are many possible ways.

What exactly do You mean with "inserting at Cursor position" ? Are You standing in a completely different item and by some actions You want to change another item ? Maybe then, a POST-TEXT-ITEM-trigger is what You might need ... just a guess so far.

hth, Jan Received on Fri May 28 2004 - 08:40:52 CEST

Original text of this message