Re: dynamic error value in sql loader

From: Davis <davis_at_sqlmagic.com>
Date: 18 May 2004 11:27:45 -0700

monu_m_at_spymac.com (Munish Gupta) wrote in message news:<e51a726f.0405172327.435ce4a_at_posting.google.com>...
> My problem is something like this. I deal with uploading of lots of
> txt files into the database via sql loader. My requirement is that if
> the error rate reaches certain % of the total number of rows of a
> file, sql loader should stop processing the file. The error option can
> be specified at 2 places.
> 1.) at the command where sql loader is run. But as i am running this
> command thru a batch file.. i am unable to pass it a dynamic value..
> 2.) in the control file within the OPTIONS parameter
>
> OPTIONS (ERRORS=80)
> LOAD FILE
>
> But its not allowing me to call a function in place of 80 and i can't
> declare a variable in the control file. ( if its possible to declare a
> variable in ctrl file place tell me )
>
> Please help.
> Thanks in advance

We have a product that has the same data loading capabilities as SQL*Loader but can work against almost any type of database (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc.) We could easily build in a dynamic error capturing functionality for you if you would be willing to give the product a try. There would be no charge for building this functionality, and the product is in Beta testing so you can use it free of charge as well.

Take a look at www.sqlmagic.com/super_sql. If you are interested in giving it a try, send me an E-mail with your thoughts on how you want the dynamic trap to work (errors on a % of records? i.e. OPTIONS(ERRORS=10%) Sincerely
Davis Swan
President, SQL*Magic Ltd. Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 20:27:45 CEST

Original text of this message