Re: SQLLDR: Multipul NULLIF for column.

From: Troy <troy_at_morpheus.NO_SPAM!.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:16:43 GMT

On Thu, 13 May 2004 20:09:48 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>If I understand what you are trying to do your request is internally
>inconsistent. You want to put a STRING into a FLOAT column? How exactly
>do you plan to do that?
>
>And I'm not talking about SQL*Loader ... I'm talking about in a simple
>insert statement?

Sorry. I have strings in my insert data where floats are supposed to be. Whoever generates this data put's string values into the columns when the floats cannot be generated properly. So if they couldn't generate the float properly, they will put a NA or an NL, or who knows what.

I need the SQLLoader control script to recognize the NA and insert a null or a 0 into the database.

I can do a NULLIF to detect the string, but I cannot seem to figure out how to detect more than one string value and insert the null. Received on Mon May 17 2004 - 16:16:43 CEST

Original text of this message