Re: SQLLDR: Multipul NULLIF for column.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:09:48 -0700

Troy wrote:

> I want to use multipul NULLIF statements in my sql loader control
> file. For example, I have a text file, tab delimited, and one of the
> columns of data that I am interested in has a float value. However,
> this float value could also be NA, or NL, or NS depending on why that
> value wasn't able to be generated.
>
> So my control file looks like this:
>
> <snip>
> F28 FILLER,
> F29 INTEGER EXTERNAL,
> F30 FILLER,
> F31 FILLER,
> F32 FLOAT EXTERNAL NULLIF (F32="NA"),
> F33 FILLER,
> F34 FILLER
> <snip>
>
> I need to add more than one NULLIF statement for the F32 column. Is
> this possible?
>
> Thanks!

[Quoted] If I understand what you are trying to do your request is internally inconsistent. You want to put a STRING into a FLOAT column? How exactly do you plan to do that?

And I'm not talking about SQL*Loader ... I'm talking about in a simple insert statement?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu