Re: manual creation

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:08:12 -0700

d.j. wrote:

> I am attempting to create a database manually with oracle 9i. I have
> started the instance through the command prompt and opened it. I did a
> startup nomount and the database mounted. I am at the point now where I
> have to create the actual database I am using windows xp pro and these
> commands
>
> CREATE DATABASE
> MAXLOGFILES 255
> MAXINSTANCES 10
> MAXDATAFILES 256
> MAXLOGHISTORY 256
> DATAFILE 'C:\oracle\oradata\dec2g\system_01.dbf' SIZE 400M REUSE
> UNDO TABLESPACE "UNDOTBS" DATAFILE 'c:\oracle\oradata\dec2g\undotbs01.dbf'
> SIZE 200M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 5120K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED
> CHARACTER SET US7ASCII NATIONAL CHARACTER SET AL16UTF16
> LOGFILE GROUP 1 ('c:\oracle\oradata\dec2g\redo1_01.dbf') SIZE 100M REUSE,
> GROUP 2 ('c:\oracle\oradata\dec2g\redo1_02.dbf') SIZE 100M REUSE,
> GROUP 3 ('c:\oracle\oradata\dec2g\redo1_03.dbf') SIZE 100M REUSE;
>
> It attempts to create but I get an error which says " ORA-01092: ORACLE
> instance terminated. Disconnection forced. "
> I can not figure out what's going on. I checked my all my parameter
> files and paths and everything seems to be all right so could someone
> please give advice here
>
> Thanks in advanced
>
> D.j.

I'm a bit confused by your statement:
"I have started the instance through the command prompt and opened it. I did a startup nomount and the database mounted."

I've no doubt you will see the fact that your sentences are inconsistent and that the second sentence is internally inconsistent. I think we can help you best if you write out the steps you are using to preprare the instance for database creation. Also ... was the listener started? How do you know? How did you verify any of these things?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu