Re: data row

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:43:16 GMT

Curtis wrote:

> Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message news:<mpr4a0d5otjmtm02f76d8cb9lsgb9epi8g@4ax.com>...

[Quoted] >>cmarchand_at_norambar.ca (Curtis) wrote:

> [...]

[...]
[...]
> Well imagine reality for once. That code does work.
> I have table with 2 rows called
> qte_for_production and
> qte_left_to_be_loaded_for_production
>
> I'm not the original database creator. I worked with what I had.
>
> Row1 is the amount needed to produce the finished product.
> Row2 start out with amount of row1 and each time a quantity is
> loaded on production line, the amount is deducted from row2.
> When row2 is 0 then the item is finished.
>
> Curtis

The only thing that makes sense here is that someone is using the word "row" when they mean "column" ??

My French is very rusty, but since both David and Curtis appear to be from French companies according to the mail address, maybe it's a French thing. Table rows in French are "ligne(s)", I think.

Yes, you can copy one column's values to another column, you can rename a column, and you can drop a column, so that should cover everything.

--Mark Bole Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 17:43:16 CEST

Original text of this message