the Jdeveloper 10g TopLink demo

From: Roberto Devo <jdevroberto_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 May 2004 11:42:50 -0700

Hi,

I just downloaded Jdeveloper 9.0.5.1.

I like it!

I've worked through some of the ADF and Struts-JSP demos and I'm pleased with the stability of this version of the IDE.

I have, however, bumped into a tutorial which is giving me some problems:

http://otn.oracle.com/obe/obe9051jdev/ToplinktoDatabinding/toplinktodatabinding.htm

The ideas behind the above demo are these:

-Create a new Workspace and Project
-Add some properties to the Project
-Drag-drop Dept and Emp tables into the Java diagrammer
-Generate TopLink Deployment Descriptor via mouse click
-Create Data-control objects via Drag-drop of .java
into empty Data-control palette
-Create ViewController Project

At this point the demo becomes very much like the ADF demos.
-Create new Struts diagram
-Drag-drop JSP DataPage into Struts diagram
-Drag-drop Data-control into the JSP DataPage
-Click the green-stoplight to start the embedded OC4J

At this point, the demo fails. The JSP page does not have any data in it. So it looks like somehow TopLink is not working.
Or, the connection between the JSP and the immediate layer behind it is messed up.

My environment:

-Laptop running RH Linux 9
-RDBMS 9.2.0.3
-Jdeveloper 9.0.5.1
-java version "1.4.1_03"

Do you folks have any idea on how I can debug this?

-moi