Re: Does Oracle 10g have an equivalent to the previous version's Table Data Editor?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:35:45 -0700

tharpa wrote:
> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1081392342.262188@yasure>...
>

>>tharpa wrote:

[Quoted] >>>Or, to put it another way, is SQL Plus the only way to edit row data in 10G?

>>>Thanks.
>>
>>Of course not. iSQL*Plus has been available since 9i.
>>EOM has had SQL tools for many versions
>>And then there are the myriad third-party app vendors that range
>>from free to expensive.

> So (by your ommission) it sounds like the answer to the question in
> the subject, "Does Oracle 10g have an equivalent to the previous
> version's Table Data Editor?" is "no." If this is incorrect, please
> follow-up. isql*Plus appears to simply be the internet type of
> sqlplus. What is EOM?
>
> I'm not interested in ...

I made no ommission. There are tools provided by Oracle that provide the functionality you asked about. I am not willing to come to your desk and demonstrate them for you.

OEM is Oracle Enterprise Manager.

Now it is up to you to try them out and see which one you like most or least.

BTW: Making assumptions about what iSQL*Plus is ... is not a winning strategy in the Oracle world: Try it.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)