Re: Oracle Apache

From: G Dahler <yellow-shark_at_spamex.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:05:59 -0400

"Robert C" <rchin_at_panix.com> a écrit dans le message de news:c4sgeu$i4n$1_at_reader1.panix.com...
> Forgive me (really) for asking this (gasp !) non-technical, licensing
> question...
>
> Oracle EE 8.1.7
> The Apache Listener and mod_plsql that came with this "oldie".....
>
> Is it an OPTION, i.e requires additional LICENSE to run Apache+mod_plsql
> in PRODUCTION ???
> Anyone out there using this setup give me a holler ?
> Rather hear from the field than from Oracle.
>
> Thanks
> ...now back to kicking myself for this stupid question

Good question.

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are using ias std edition here merely to run the PL/SQL gateway and I always wondered (since oracle 8i) if it was still necessary to pay the licences for it, because oracle now includeas apache + mod pl/sql in the database. But nowhere it is written in the doc or on oracle.com or on oracle store if you need licences to use it !

Also, I know that there are small differences between the pl/sql gateyay [Quoted] "toolkit" that comes with ias, compared to the one that comes with oracle. Ias install guide insists that you replace oracle's toolkit by the one that comes with ias.

I wonder what kind of support you get from oracle if you mention that you are using the pl/sql gateway that ships with the database. Received on Tue Apr 06 2004 - 16:05:59 CEST

Original text of this message