anyone here used OEM for export/import?

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:20:03 GMT

[Quoted] Just for a lark I thought I'd try it on a database that I needed to send an export of to the application developers, rather than the usual command line exp. All seemed to go well once I set up the preferred credentials for the node as well as the db, I set up all the params etc.. and chose to submit immediatly.

After that, it said it was succesfully submitted, and I could check the status under the jobs menu in the console. I can see no such thing, and the .dmp file I pointed it to does not exist on the local machine I am running it from or the server itself (I wasnt sure which C: it meant)

so..., I'm running the plain old exp for now, but I'd like to know what happened to the job I submitted as it seems to have vanished into the void. Which process would this be? I assumed that it would simply run exp.exe but neither process appears on either machine, other than the command line one I'm currently running.

ideas?

TIA Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 19:20:03 CEST

Original text of this message