Exporting other schema than my own by 'exp'

From: Vjeran Marcinko <netko_at_nesto.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:28:06 +0100

[Quoted] Hi folks.

My company's client sent me username/password for his Oracle server, and I have permission to access some other schema than my own, and use it however I want to (select, delete, update..). I do this inside GUI tools. But since I want to export structure and data of these schemas, I wanted to use 'exp' tool for this, but I get note :
"You don't have DBA role to export other schemas than your own"

How can this be ? I have complete access to this other schema by GUI tool, but 'exp' tool cannot access it to export structure/data from there ? Is there some way to get .dmp file from this not-my schema ?

Regards,
Vjeran Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 16:28:06 CET

Original text of this message