Re: SQLPlus and DSL internet connection in local usage

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 07:36:29 -0800

Comments in-line.

Pete wrote:
> I have newest version of both Windows XP and Oracle 9i (Personal Edition).
> DSL internet connection should not have anything to do with
> this problem. But it seems to be so that if you install Oracle in your
> personal PC Oracle starts to look "something" from internet if you are
> connected
> into it.
> For clearyfying this I'm not running Oracle in office now, I'm running
> it at home to test some SQL scripts.

[Quoted] I'll spell it out ... XP Home or XP Professional? I'm guessing Home and Home is not supported. It works most of the time but not always.

[Quoted] >>Do yo have a DBA and if so why hasn't that person helped you?

> Haven't hired a DBA for home ;)

Except the on in the mirror. ;-)

> I have another PC here home too running SQL Server. It's also connected to
> internet and I have no problem running it locally in my PC.

[Quoted] Post a copy of your SQLNET.ORA an TNSNAMES.ORA that is likely where the problem is.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu