Any TOAD users out there?

From: Gwood <sorry_at_nothere.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:20:56 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] I find TOAD a great tool for developers who spend a lot of time with Oracle [Quoted] [Quoted] back ends. I run 7.5.2, as does my associate down the "cube". Our back end [Quoted] is Oracle 8i.

Recently we've been doing some work with clob columns in a new table. When [Quoted] I try to view data in the data (data tab in the tables screen), I get the [Quoted] error "Access violation at address 00593068 in module 'TOAD.exe'. Read of address 0000020C". Attempts to query this table result in a generic TOAD error "datatype is not supported".

I can run the same query from SQLPlus with no problems.

My associate experiences no difficulties running the query from TOAD, so it's a config issue. In the TOAD options, I have all the selections made for BLOB and CLOB objects, as per his INI file and common sense.

I've compared our two INI files for TOAD, and there are hundreds of differences. Apparently our company has let TOAD support lapse, so Quest Software is not talking to me. Before I waste a ton of time researching which combination of changes makes things work, I hoped to appeal to the group for words of wisdom.

Thanks in advance
Gary Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 18:20:56 CET

Original text of this message