Partition imported but won't show up!

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:23:22 +0100

Hi

[Quoted] I am dealing with a strange problem importing one partition from a partitioned table into an existing table with the corresponding empty partition of the same schema on another server. This has been a proven method, except when choosing just one partition. Export goes with no problems. On the target server, import says "IMP-00057: maybe not data of all partitions are contained in the dump file - import was successful with warnings". That makes sense.

The problem is that although the importing process behaves "normal", i.e, it consumes CPU, writes a log file with the definition of the partitioned table, takes some time to finish etc., imported data won't show up in the target table.

This is the export command (Oracle 8.1.7 on both sides, same OS, same hardware):
On the source:
exp '"/ as sysdba"' file=$PART log=exp_$PART.log consistent=yes \ buffer=16000000 compress=no direct=y recordlength=65535 \ tables=(joe.t_value_mat:$PART)

On the target:
imp '"/ as sysdba"' file=/tmp/$PART recordlength=65535 full=y log=/tmp/$PART.log buffer=16000000

(PART is the name of the partition of the table, which is partitioned by range).

I Did the following to check:
select partition_name,num_rows from dba_tab_partitions where table_name='T_VALUE_MAT' order by 1;
Then I analyzed the partition:
exec
dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'OWNER',tabname=>'T_VAL_MAT', partname=>'PARTITION- NAME',granularity=>'PARTITION'); Result: partition still has 0 entries (analyze time was suspiciously short, almost nothing). I tried to select data from that partition: nothing is delivered.

Then I dropped the partition, repeated the exp/imp, nothing! Still missing. The partition won't be recreated at all. It does not matter whether I use direct or conventional path. For non-partitioned tables, import goes perfect but I just can't import the partition, even when the imp utility says "successfull". When importing, I also tried "fromuser, touser", - same thing. If I specified tables=(owner.t_value_mat:part), imp denies the operation.

I read everything, tried everything and ran out of ideas.

Perhaps you still have some.

Bye
Rick Denoire Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 01:23:22 CET

Original text of this message