Data extraction tools - for ETL

From: so- ju <scotttaylor616_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Mar 2004 20:31:22 -0800

Data extraction tools - for ETL .

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are currently in process of migrating from DB2 to Oracle 9i /10G and for the DB2 landscape we used a data extraction tool BMC Logmaster.

we have have informed that BMC do not have a version of this tool for Oracle and are currently looking for alternatives that will allow us to extract data from a large OLTP database , with out an impediments on performance .
"Oracle warehouse builder" has been suggested to us - but we have found that is has a high usage of resources and may impede performance - , does anyone have any feed back as to possible solutions or other tools that may be used . Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 05:31:22 CET

Original text of this message