Re: Oracle 9i Installation

From: Ian McRae <mixedcream_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:36:58 -0000

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've done that. But what now? I didn't mention I'm new to installing Oracle. [Quoted] I tried deleting the listener and adding another and that worked. But then [Quoted] LSNRCTL.exe crashed just after trying to connect to SQL Plus and I got an [Quoted] error TNS:Lost contact.

Thanks for the help,

Ian McRae

"Hernan Cortez" <HernanCortez1_at_msn.com> wrote in message news:c1luf5$1k9fok$1_at_ID-221087.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Hi
>
> Insert in the XP Registery
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> -> SOFTWARE
> -> ORALCE
> -> HOME0 (usualy HOME from Oracle Database [Ora92])
> -> String: TNS_ADMIN
> -> e.g. Value: E:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
> -> HOME1 (usualy HOME from Oracle Development Tools [DES92 or DEV92])
> -> String: TNS_ADMIN
> -> e.g. Value: E:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
>
> Kind regards
>
> "Ian McRae" <mixedcream_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having trouble installing Oracle 9i. I've 'successfully' installed
> > Developer 6 (although an error message appears near the end which I'm
told
> > is a Windows XP problem and is okay). I'm trying to install the
Enterprise