Oracle 9i Installation

From: Ian McRae <mixedcream_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:30:47 -0000

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing Oracle 9i. I've 'successfully' installed Developer 6 (although an error message appears near the end which I'm told is a Windows XP problem and is okay). I'm trying to install the Enterprise edition and the database itself seems to install okay. When the Database Configuration Assistant runs at the end I get errors. Namely: ORA_12541 TNS:No Listener and ORA-12560 TNS:Protocol Adapter Error. However when I try to start the listener I get a standard Windows XP error report window telling me it has crashed.

I get the same error when trying to connect in Form Builder but with a different code: ORA_12224 TNS:No Listener.

I'm running Windows XP on a Pentium 4 machine and the db name and SID are both 'master'. Please ask for more details if they are needed.

Thanks in advance,

Ian McRae

PS. I can't use Net 8 Assistant/Easy Config as I get Java errors, so if I have to edit and files, please could you post the code. Thanks Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 14:30:47 CST