Re: Help with TOAD

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:33:22 GMT

Bib Endum wrote:
> "Hans Forbrich" <hforbric_at_yahoo.net> a écrit dans le message de
>

>>So use the PL/SQL editor/debugger that's included in JDeveloper.  Much
>>better, and - if you use the downloaded one - free.
>>

> Didn't know about this one. We are not really into the Java bandwagon here,
> and last time I checked Jdev, when I started it on my workstation, the
> lights dimmed in the office.
>

>>If you use this in Windows, use the DOS version and enable the DOS
>>command line history.  Same thing as the PlusW, just not as colourful.
>>

> Good. I knew you could do that under UNIX, but for some reason it never
> worked well for me, so I stopped bothering about that under UNIX, might
> depend on the shell you use. You might have to use a shell with command line
> history (Like tcsh, bash) for this to work. I checked on Windows 2000 and it
> works great. All I miss is the scrollbars... but I can live with it.

there is a freeware prog called "gqlplus" for 'nix'es that makes it act like sql*plus in a dos window, you can scroll thru your commands with the up & down arrows. I tried it but in my experience its buffer filled up & was unuseable, e-mailed the developer and he was having a look at it, havent heard from him since.... Received on Wed Feb 18 2004 - 19:33:22 CET

Original text of this message