Re: Default Password Oracle Clients

From: Harald Maier <harald_at_maierh.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:42:31 +0100

"Hanike" <isaac.quarshie_at_nokia.com> writes:

> Hello Pete,
>
> Your site has great stuff for me as a beginner and would like to thank you
> in advance for the link. This is what I get when I try to login:
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>
> don't you think it's the password?

$ oerr ora 12560
12560, 00000, "TNS:protocol adapter error"

// *Cause: A generic protocol adapter error occurred.  *Action: Check
// addresses used for proper protocol specification. Before reporting
// this error, look at the error stack and check for lower level
// transport errors.For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute
// the operation. Turn off tracing when the operation is complete.

This might help.

Harald Received on Mon Feb 16 2004 - 17:42:31 CET

Original text of this message