Re: Oracle Forms vs Visual Studio .Net

From: Greg Forestieri <gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2004 05:09:02 -0800

[Quoted] jeff_at_work.com (Jeff) wrote in message news:<bum56t$d3r$1_at_cronkite.cc.uga.edu>...
> In article <6a8cdd95.0401210526.4564cf72_at_posting.google.com>, gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com (Greg Forestieri) wrote:
>
> >Jeff, whether your household is a household of 1 or a household of 12
> >your responsibility is to earn as much over the long run as well as
> >consistently possible. There is that which is fun (or ideal, or
> >optimum) and there is that which pays the bills. Sometimes they are
> >not the same.
>
> And to hell with your employer, eh? If it were only a choice over which to
> learn (for the purposes of future employment), the argument would make sense,
> but when picking one for the shop in which you work, it's a very poor argument
> indeed. In fact, using this argument in justification could easily get you
> fired... not exactly good for paying the bills.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Sorry Jeff, missed the part where I mentioned "hell" or "employer". I [Quoted] believe Daniel's post that started that sidebar mentioned competition for jobs, not screwing your employer. As you say for future employment that argument makes sense. I'm glad you agree. By the way I believe in a number of situations Forms server is the superior solution. 8^| Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 14:09:02 CET

Original text of this message