Re: GUI-Tool for administration

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:35:24 -0800

Turkbear wrote:

> "Haximus" <14356256546_at_spam.org> wrote:
>

>>"Jan Richartz" <jan.richartz_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>I'm searching a graphical tool for database administration that's able to
[Quoted] >>>give me the possibility to create queries in a way like in MS Access

>>without
>>
>>>hacking SQL-commands myself.
>>>Does anyone know which tools are available on the market?
>>
>>You can use MS Access as an Oracle client, just install the ODBC drivers.
>>

> Creating queries is not database administration...
>
> Look into Oracle's Discoverer product ( or a report designer like Crystal)--
>
> For actual database administration use Oracle's tools or a combo tool like T.O.A.D.
> ( http://www.quests.com/toad/ )

You won't be doing any database administration in Discoverr or Crystal either though I suspect they are closer to the mark.

I wonder if what the OP meant to ask was for something that would perform queries that would answer questions related to administration ... in which case perhaps they should just go look at OEM.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu