Re: GUI-Tool for administration

From: Haximus <14356256546_at_spam.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:02:05 GMT

[Quoted] "Turkbear" <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message news:r1bg00tfrshlbaqa9gus3m8nm5qcgd6nup_at_4ax.com...
> "Haximus" <14356256546_at_spam.org> wrote:
>
> >"Jan Richartz" <jan.richartz_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >> I'm searching a graphical tool for database administration that's able
> >> give me the possibility to create queries in a way like in MS Access
> >without
> >> hacking SQL-commands myself.
> >> Does anyone know which tools are available on the market?
> >
> >You can use MS Access as an Oracle client, just install the ODBC drivers.
> >
> Creating queries is not database administration...
>
> Look into Oracle's Discoverer product ( or a report designer like
Crystal)--

> For actual database administration use Oracle's tools or a combo tool like
T.O.A.D.
> ( http://www.quests.com/toad/ )

No, but then again there is never just one tool that does everything just the way you like. If the poster wants to create queries "like in MS Access" then use MS Access. If the user wants to do administration, then do it with sqlplus or Enterpris Manager (or TOAD). Theoretically you can do anything you can do with Oracle using these utilities, but then again they are not the ideal clients for creating drag and drop queries or wysiwig reports or manually editing data. Use whatever ultility or tool that gets the job done the way you want to do it, that is my philosophy ;-) Received on Fri Jan 16 2004 - 20:02:05 CET

Original text of this message