Skips unavailable archive logs during recovery via RMAN

From: AMIT <kumar_929_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 12 Jan 2004 09:47:38 -0800

Hi

[Quoted] We have a command in RMAN via which we can skip inaccessible archive logs during backup.
For Example:
Backup database archivelog all skip inaccessible.

But during recovery is there any command available in RMAN via which we can skip inaccessible archive files from backup, because in control file the information is stored about unavailable archivelogs. I am facing problem during restore the database with archive logs ,it gave the error on RMAN that Unavailable Archive logs do not restored from backup.
So for backup point of view we can utilize the above command to skip all the unavailable archive logs.
How should we skip the unavailable archive logs during recovery.

Thanks

Amit Received on Mon Jan 12 2004 - 18:47:38 CET

Original text of this message