Re: Skips unavailable archive logs during recovery via RMAN

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:53:51 +0100

[Quoted] On 12 Jan 2004 09:47:38 -0800, kumar_929_at_yahoo.co.uk (AMIT) wrote:

>Hi
>
>We have a command in RMAN via which we can skip inaccessible archive
>logs during backup.
>For Example:
>Backup database archivelog all skip inaccessible.
>
>But during recovery is there any command available in RMAN via which
>we can skip inaccessible archive files from backup, because in control
>file the information is stored about unavailable archivelogs.
>I am facing problem during restore the database with archive logs ,it
>gave the error on RMAN that Unavailable Archive logs do not restored
>from backup.
>So for backup point of view we can utilize the above command to skip
>all the unavailable archive logs.
>How should we skip the unavailable archive logs during recovery.
>
>Thanks
>
>Amit

Basically you can't. Think of it: if you want to perform complete recovery would you consider it a complete recovery if you miss out on random archive logs.
If you have missing archive logs you can perform *incomplete* recovery until the first archive log missing, and start repenting you didn't take measures to back up all the archive logs

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA