SOLUTION! Re: OAS DAD problem

From: pixelmeow <webmaster_at_pixelmeow.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:18:45 GMT

[Quoted] Snipped to show what I did.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:04:58 GMT, in comp.databases.oracle.tools, pixelmeow <webmaster_at_pixelmeow.com> scribbled:

>On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:30:49 +0100, in comp.databases.oracle.tools,
>Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net> scribbled:
>
>>* create a network configuration directory.

>>* fire up your favorite registry tool. Add, or edit the
>> String Value (REG_SZ type) of TNS_ADMIN. The value would
>> be the newly created directory name, without an ending
>> backslash.
>> Do this in every HLM\Software\Oracle\HomeX (x from 0 to 99),
>> as well as in HLM\Software\Oracle (V7 network looks here.)
>> Close this tool.

>>* Copy TNSNAMES.ORA, LISTENER.ORA and SQLNET.ORA over to this
>> directory, preferably from a directory you *think* is correct.

[Quoted] MAKE SURE you get ALL THREE of those files.

>>* Check if you can still start the listener
>>* Stop it: c:> lsnrctl stop
>>* Start it up again: c:> lsnrctl start

MAKE SURE TO RESTART THE LISTENER.
>>* Check is SQLNET.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA are OK:
>>* c:> sqlplus scott/tiger_at_your_local_instance
>> This should work.

[Quoted] These steps led to successful DAD creation in OAS Manager. Will further research whether I need Apache and if so how to use it. Thank you!

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II