Re: SOLUTION! Re: OAS DAD problem

From: Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:55:45 +0100

pixelmeow wrote:

> Snipped to show what I did.
>
> On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:04:58 GMT, in comp.databases.oracle.tools,
> pixelmeow <webmaster_at_pixelmeow.com> scribbled:
>

>>On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:30:49 +0100, in comp.databases.oracle.tools,
>>Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net> scribbled:
>>

>>>* create a network configuration directory.

>>>* fire up your favorite registry tool. Add, or edit the
>>>  String Value (REG_SZ type) of TNS_ADMIN. The value would
>>>  be the newly created directory name, without an ending
>>>  backslash.
>>>  Do this in every HLM\Software\Oracle\HomeX (x from 0 to 99),
>>>  as well as in HLM\Software\Oracle (V7 network looks here.)
>>>  Close this tool.

>>>* Copy TNSNAMES.ORA, LISTENER.ORA and SQLNET.ORA over to this
>>>  directory, preferably from a directory you *think* is correct.

> MAKE SURE you get ALL THREE of those files.
>

>>>* Check if you can still start the listener
>>>* Stop it: c:> lsnrctl stop
>>>* Start it up again: c:> lsnrctl start

> MAKE SURE TO RESTART THE LISTENER.
>

>>>* Check is SQLNET.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA are OK:
>>>* c:> sqlplus scott/tiger_at_your_local_instance
>>>  This should work.

> These steps led to successful DAD creation in OAS Manager. Will
> further research whether I need Apache and if so how to use it. Thank
> you!

Apache is not installed with 8.1.5, to which you seem to be doomed. It's 8.1.7 and up (major and patches). The apache.org apache does not work with Oracle - it is compiled with a different version ( read incompatible ) of a C-compiler.
So you might just as well stop persuing that (unless you get 8.1.7 installed, which is a Good Idea anyway - 8iRelease 1 is were you're at - Release 1...)

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel