ODBC-Access-Problems

From: Ralph <Ralph.Backes_at_web.de>
Date: 29 Nov 2003 01:51:32 -0800

Hi,
we use ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 Database on Linux-Server. There's an application accessing the database via ODBC (the sql-strings didn't use quote-chars). There are 2 clients W2K SP4. With ODBC-driver 8.1.7.0.0
both clients could access to the database but had memory problems with large
cursors, which should be fixed confirming to the documentation since 8.1.7.2. Now we have updated the ODBC-Driver to latest version 8.1.7.8.10 and only 1
client can access the server in the way we did it before. With the other
client we have to write the schema-name and the tablename in uppercase to
get access while this has no matter with the first client or a third Windows NT
SP6-client.

[Quoted] Has anybody any idea which property causes this behavior and how to solve
it? Thanks to all regards,

Ralph Received on Sat Nov 29 2003 - 10:51:32 CET

Original text of this message