Re: Export Tablespaces

From: FlameDance <FlameDance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:59:46 +0100

[Quoted] Niall Litchfield wrote:

 > The point is that if all
> datafiles are 2gb and the table is larger than 2gb the create table
> statement in the import *will* fail.

[Quoted] That'll be my next worry. Regardless of compress=y or compress=n? Or does you proposal of compress=n solve the issue?

 > Actually if the table is 1.7gb and
> isn't in a tablespace on its own and isn't the first object imported the
> import is already likely to fail for lack of 1.7gb contiguous space to
> create the initial extent.

[Quoted] I can enforce that by importing only that table in a first import run. Problem is, on the next import run with all objects I get millions of unique key violations on that table, even with ignore=y set.

[Quoted] Can I exclude a certain object from an import run? If yes, how?
[Quoted] If not, can I suppress the unique key violation messages?

Stephan Received on Fri Nov 28 2003 - 10:59:46 CET

Original text of this message